Barbiecore at the Grammys with Unite Hair products
You may have noticed a rise in the popularity of Barbiecore…well it’s safe to say the trend took the Grammys by storm, especially this eye-catching look on Bebe Rexha.
It was Unite hair products that help create this lively, 70s style blow out! Celeb stylist Cesar Deleon Ramirez @ceasr4styles was inspired by the iconic looks of the 70s.
“Jerry Hall, Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith have always been a huge influence in my work. I wanted the hair to give gorgeous retro blonde bombshell and compliment the vintage silhouette.”
Want to recreate this Barbiecore look? We don’t blame you; read on for the details
- Apply Blow&Set lotion on damp hair (Wildform wig was used here) to set and hold the shape
- Using a small brush, dry out and smooth each section
- Once dry spray the weightless and translucent #TEXTURIZA Spray to the root area for volume and grip
- Use 1.5″ marcel iron to curl and direct each section forward, then clip it to cool and set.
- Brush each section out, spray with the flake-free and brushable Lé:Play Hairspray for an all day hold that is soft and bouncy with a satin finish
Check this soft-sculpted updo on Kacey Musgraves @spaceykacey, who looks a vision in pink. Barbiecore strikes once again with this stylish look created using Unite hair products. Sculptor Brancusi’s soft twists and curves inspired celeb stylist Giovanni Delgado.
“My main inspiration was sculptor Brancusi and the soft twists and curves that are found in his work. The gorgeously bold Valentino look called for some modern restraint from the hair. We decided to elegantly sculpt the hair up as to compliment the drama of the look.”
Get the look with Unite
- Spray 7Seconds Detangler from mid-shaft to the ends of hair and brush through. Apply 7Seconds Blowout Crème from roots to ends. Both products create softness, shine and make hair more manageable.
- Blow dry each section of hair from roots to ends with a round brush. Giovanni Delgado used the T3 Micro Afar blow dryer and the T3 Volume 2.5 round brush.
- Add subtle movement with a 1.5 wand and put hair in a mid or low ponytail.
- Apply U Oil for shine and twist and pin hair with strong tension. Tip: “Don’t think too much about it, let the twists happen organically.”
- Finish with the 3-in-1 adjustable strength GO365 Hairspray for optimum hold.
Isabela Merced @isabelamerced rocked a disco pony to the Grammys after-party, and we reckon it will become a favourite. Celeb stylist Scott King @scottkinghair got the look using Unite hair products. The anti-humectant 7Seconds Glossing Spray added weightless shine to the hair. The bonus benefits of the 7Seconds Glossing Spray include:
- For all hair types
- Provides UV and thermal protection
- Safe for extensions & chemically-treated hair
- Paraben-free, cruelty-free & vegan
We hope you enjoyed these fun, glamorous looks as much as we did. Hopefully, this can inspire you to get creative at home or in the salon.